Modifying Dreamweaver Navigation
in a Template
Several pages with corresponding buttons have been
created for you in our Dreamweaver templates. However,
it is almost certain you will need to make some changes
to customize your template.
1. Blank buttons have been provided for you. You will
need to import them into a graphics program to add button
names. When the modified buttons are complete, export
them to the images folder of your website.
2. If the template you purchased is based on a Dreamweaver
template, you will be making changes to the template
page found in the Templates folder. Changes will appear
throughout the site. Open the template page.
3. Click on the nav bar and go to Modify > Navigation
4. Select a button you wish to change in Nav Bar Elements.
5. Modify the Element Name, Image locations, and When
Clicked, Go To URL file name. Repeat for each button
you wish to change.
6. To add a button, click on the plus sign at the top
of the dialog box. To delete a button, click on the
7. To change button order, click on the up or down
arrow at the top of the dialog box after selecting a
button in the Nav Bar Elements field.
8. When you have finished modifying, adding, or removing
buttons, click OK.
- Navigation tutorial - general